Wednesday, August 13, 2008

there's magic in the number three

I'm not doing a good job promoting the public transit system, here is yet another bit of strangeness I experienced the other day:

I was having a conversation with a friend about the diving competition in the olympics,
"Wow, and they can do it synchronized, can you imagine?"
"Yeah, when it played on TV, they took stills from different stages of the dive and compared their poses, it matched exactly! Isn't that amazing?!"


A woman tries to enter the bus with a small child, the door almost closes on the little boy's head. She then proceeds to the front of the bus to show her bus pass. The driver scolds her for using the back doors to enter but she ignores him.

"Isn't it? Isn't it amazing?"

A man starts to yell at the driver, at first I think it's because the driver isn't letting him on, but I see that the door is still open, I leaned forward to try to hear what he's yelling about.

"I mean, for every moment in time that they..."

The woman beside me decides to get off the bus, she sweeps by us, leaving a terrible stench and we notice that she is caressing a white rat on her shoulder, and the rat has a very large protuberance on the side of his stomach.

No conversation can survive events such as these, we let the topic die.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You make me feel so weary about taking public transit...........