Tuesday, August 5, 2008

me, me, me

People have been asking me what I've been up to lately. This is my favorite answer: "Last week I've been mentoring in a workshop!"

Then I like to gush: "It was with a really fun bunch of people who are writers!...and artists! and I get to work with them to make a digital storytelling pieces! based on wonderful things they've already written! They're all fun to be with! and funny too!"

Then before they get the opportunity to tell me to shut up because I'm practically yelping, and it's hurting their ears, I sneak in the final line "I miss them all already!"

What people also find annoying is that I now refer to dates as either pre-workshop or post-workshop. "When did he propose to you? Oh, you mean, three weeks before the workshop started."

It IS possible that I'm being too self-absorbed when it comes to sharing this experience. But I don't think I'm going to stop.

No comments: