Tuesday, August 12, 2008

success story at the beach

A few weeks ago I attended a beach barbeque. I ate some delicious charred meats, then I lay around for quite a while. When my friend asked me to play frisbee with him, I felt guilty for being so sedentary under the beautiful sun...lazing around is clearly an indoor sport.

I wasn't very good at throwing the frisbee, most of the time it went in the wrong direction, once, it even came back and hit me in the face. My friend taught me that there is such a thing as the perfect time to release the frisbee so that it goes exactly where you want it to. Finally, after practicing quite a few more times I learned to feel the rim of the frisbee rolling off each finger and to let go at the right time. The frisbee soared straight ahead! My friend was able to catch and throw it back to me - this time it didn't hit me in the face.

No comments: